Quick Sprout has some tips on using Facebook to help your career. Reminds me of Guy Kawasaki’s posts on using LinkedIn like 10 ways to use LinkedIn and his LinkedIn Profile Extreme Makeover. (via Lifehacker)
Facebook now does something with the interest data, aggregating it into a Pulse Feature. Fun facts:
- 33% of Berkeley students prefer The Beatles to Green Day.
- 18% of male students have moderate political views.
- 17% of male students are looking for whatever they can get.
- 57 people have birthdays tomorrow.
- 124 students poked each other today.
- 1.4% of Berkeley loves to watch Lord of the Rings.
Just think what advertisers will do with this data.
Future Problems with Facebook entries?–
”I would bet that in the 2016 election, somebody’s Facebook entry will come back to bite them,” Steve Jones, head of the communications department at the University of Illinois at Chicago.