Some of my most recent linkblog links:
- Google bigger than God?-This, among other Google Trends, found by Steve Rubel.
- IGN: E3 2006: Super Smash Bros. Brawl–Solid Snake from Metal Gear is a playable character. It’ll be weird seeing him fight Pikachu, though probably not as weird as Mario and Yoshi playing basketball against Lebron and Kobe.
- Chronicles of the American Civil War and the The Blog of Henry David Thoreau-Both take excerpts from real life journals and news stories from one day in history and put it on a blog. Very cool.
- Blogs ‘essential’ to a good career– Says blogs can help you network, get a job, train you, and help you get noticed. It’s really good for “fields like business and law,” says USNews (for whom I worked for thanks to working on the Calstuff blog). Good reversal of fortune, as last year people were getting fired over blogging.
- 101 Free Games: The Best Free Games on the Web: A huge number of games for free, though a lot of them are mods and total conversions. (via Digg)
- Bang for Your Buck – You have $1. How should you spend it to do the most good?– Examining which causes to give to in an economist point of view. Good: paying tuition to inner city kids for private school, investing in the third world. Bad: giving to churches and schools themselves.