I’ve saved a couple of posts from Gullible.info in the last few days. I thought they had some interesting information.
• If all the coupons issued by grocery store Safeway were redeemed, its net profit would drop by 11 percent.
• Sheep are the most common animal mentioned in the New Testament.
• In 1988, the average computer hard drive had a lifespan of six years. Today, hard drives last an average of 14 months.
•The Six-Day war is the only recorded conflict with a name accurately cataloging its length, to date.
• A student majoring in criminal justice has a 97.2 percent average job placement rate, the highest of any field. The field with the lowest placement rate is Marine Biology.
• One in eight sets of directions from MapQuest contains a turn that is either physically impossible, or disallowed by signs at the intersection.
• Amtrak trains are, on average, 14 minutes late departing, and 38 minutes late arriving.
• If one million copies of a typical spam message are sent, approximately 750,000 will be automatically filtered and deleted, 150,000 will be ignored or deleted after reading the subject line, 99,999 will be ignored or deleted after reading the message, and one will generate a sale.
• Lesotho is the only nation in the world that has never had a fatal terrorist attack on its soil.
I had no idea such a country existed.
• In 2004, 784 people died by overdosing on caffeine.
• Starbucks is the largest landowner in New York City, surpassing both the Catholic Church and Columbia University.
• Three out of four Fortune 500 companies have more computers than employees.
• In Moss, Montana, it is illegal to be seen in public with shoes on your hands.
for July 5, 2005
•In high schools across the US, student career counselors have been forced to develop curriculums for teenagers who have listed their career aspirations as becoming “just like Paris Hilton.”